Wednesday 18 March 2009

One to watch:Maureen Gubia





Long have I followed her work via the cream of all geeking out,live journal. I just love her line work and fluid strokes conjuring up a world we all remember as childhood. Sometimes I feel that Im not sure if she is perhaps still a small girl as I steal glimpses into her life through snap shots. I think the photography she posts up is gorgeous and important to the work. Best viewed as an overall experience. 
As well as a solo in her home town Equador she has showed in numeorous group and collective shows internationally and been featured in an extensive list of magazines and art journals including Ny Arts Magazine and online magazine Fecalface.  
www.mgubia.com
gubia.livejournal.com
flickr.com/photos/gubia

Words by Chloe Bonfield

No comments:

Post a Comment